Physical medicine and rehabilitation
Our specialists have many years of experience in providing physical and rehabilitation medical services in the acute and chronic phases of illness or injury. Physical therapy factors act on the body through the skin, respiratory tract, tissues and organs, resulting in:
- reduces pain
- reduces inflammation,
- normalization of impaired organ functions,
- increase the body’s resistance.
Physical medical procedures:
Ultrasound – a widely used method for respiratory diseases, arthritis, ligament congestion, carpal tunnels, spondylosis, after disc herniation operations, diseases of the ENT organs, osteophytes (bone).
Amplipulse therapy – analgesic effect, diseases and injuries of musculoskeletal system.
Microwave therapy – anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect, postoperative infiltrates, chronic inflammation (bruises, sprains), slow-healing wounds, chronic respiratory diseases, bone osteophytes (sprains).
Magnetotherapy – a wide range of applications, it promotes tissue trophism, has a calming effect, dilating blood vessels, osteoarthritis.
Darsonvalization – improves skin elasticity, blood circulation in leg vein extensions, in non-healing wounds. Used in cosmetics – smoothes small wrinkles, wrinkles, as well as hair loss.
Laser therapy – has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, arthritis, osteoarthritis, trophic ulcers, non-healing wounds, trigeminal neuralgia, etc.
Botulinum toxin injections – performed in patients with muscle dystonia and spasticity. Manipulation is performed after consultation with a doctor.
Tasks of physical and rehabilitation medicine:
- Treatment and prevention of disease / injury;
- Reduction of damage and / or disability;
- Prevention and treatment of complications;
- Improving activities and functioning;
- Promoting participation.
- Our specialists can help:
- for various diseases of the bones, joints and muscles: for example, arthrosis of the joints, rheumatoid arthritis, various diseases of the spine, after arthroplasty, etc .;
- in the recovery phase after various injuries;
- in diseases and injuries of the nervous system: for example, the consequences of cerebrovascular disorders (strokes), the consequences of cerebral palsy, traumatic spinal cord injuries, polyneuropathy, spasticity, etc.
- in diseases of the cardiovascular system: for example, in the recovery period after myocardial infarction and after various heart surgeries;
- respiratory diseases: for example, bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, after lung and laryngeal surgery, etc.
- health promotion (prevention of diseases and injuries);
- environmental accessibility assessment and adaptation;
- in the selection of a suitable technical aid and in the training of its use and in many other cases.
In the departments of the Rehabilitation Clinic you can receive the following services:
- Physical and rehabilitation medical consultation;
- Functional specialist consultations and classes (individual and in groups)
- Physiotherapist (assistant physiotherapist);
- Occupational therapist;
- Clinical psychologist:
- Art therapist.
- Physical medicine procedures;