Pheumonoligists and allergologists of the In-patient Department “Gaiļezers” consult patients with lung diseases:
- Patients with acute and chronic cough;
- Patients with deep respiratory tract infections;
- Patients with frequent exacerbations of the upper respiratory tract infections;
- Patients with shortness of breath;
- Patients with pleura pathology;
- Patients with unclear changes in roentgenographic examination of the lungs;
- Patients with suspicions for bronchial asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Patients with allergic diseases.
During allergologist’s consultation, it is possible to make allergic skin analysis, as well as to receive advices regarding the further treatment.
During pneumonologist’s consultation in the In-patient Department “Gaiļezers”, it is possible to carry out spirography with a bronchial dilatation test. If necessary, the pneumonologist refers patients to other examinations (blood test, lung X-ray and computed tomography, ultrasonoscopy of the pleura, fibre optic bronchoscopy) required to specify the diagnosis, as well as assesses indications for further treatment and examination in an in-patient department, if necessary.
The In-patient Department “Gaiļezers” includes the Asthma and COPD Room, where particular attention is paid to the training of patients, control of disease progress, and medicated therapy.
In the In-patient Department “Gaiļezers”, the following pneumonologists accept patients:
- Dr. Inese Smiltena;
- Dr. Inga Vikmane;
- Dr. Dace Žentiņa
- Dr. Karīna Medne
Pneumonologist/allergologist Dr. Antra Beķere.
In order to register for an out-patient consultation by the specialist:
- call on (+371) 67000610
- fill in an e-registration form
The Riga Out-patient Department of the In-patient Department “Centre of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases” specializes in the provision of prevention, examination, treatment and training services in cases of tuberculosis and lung diseases to inhabitants of Riga and Riga region. Likewise, specialists of the department provide consultative services in cases of pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis, as well as other lung diseases, to patients from other regions of the country.
Services available in the department:
- tuberculosis treatment;
- pneumonologist’s consultation;
- urologist’s consultation on extrapulmonary tuberculosis matters;
- surgeon’s consultation on extrapulmonary tuberculosis matters;
- a statement that the person does not have tuberculosis;
- functional diagnostics test of external respiration (spirography);
- training of patients;
- tuberculin diagnostics, Mantoux test;
- T-SPOT tuberculosis test;
- sending of sputum or other material for check for presence of tuberculosis bacteria or asthma elements;
- referrals to radiologic examinations (X-ray, computed tomography);
- referrals to the in-patient department “Centre of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases” for additional examinations or hospitalization;
- consultation by a social worker.
The department ensures state-paid consultations to tuberculosis patients being followed up, to persons they contact with, persons with a family doctor’s referral to examination for tuberculosis or with symptoms typical for tuberculosis.
For pulmonology patients with a family doctor’s referral, the patient’s payment is EUR 4.27.
Chargeable consultations are also available, if the patient does not have a family doctor’s referral.
When registering for a consultation or examinations, the following is to be shown:
· a family doctor’s referral;
· a personal identification document (passport, personal ID, driver’s license or birth certificate);
· for parents – a relevant entry in father’s or mother’s passport, or child’s birth certificate with the specified names of the parents;
· other persons that accompany the child, including grandparents, brothers, sisters, other relatives, etc., have to prepare a notarized power of attorney granting the right to represent legal rights and interests of the child;
· results of previous examinations are to be taken as well.
Riga Out-patient Department is located at 68 Lielvārdes Street, building 4, Riga, LV-1006
Telephone for enquiries 67514433; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Functional diagnostics test of external respiration (spirography for children).
Prior registration by phone 67514414