In the In-patient Department “Gaiļezers”, consultations are provided by certified endocrinologists Guna Krūmiņa, Ingvars Rasa, Andra Valtere and proffesor Aivars Lejnieks.
In the In-patient Department “Biķernieki”, consultations are provided by certified endocrinologist Ināra Kalniņa.
The most frequently encountered diseases and conditions that require certified endocrinologist’s consultation are:
- Thyroid diseases – hormonal imbalances of thyroid function, autoimmune diseases, structural changes of the thyroid – nodes and cysts;
- Pancreas diseases – mainly diabetes, gestational diabetes, insulinoma, hypoglycemia;
- Diseases of parathyroid glands – disorders of calcium metabolism, osteoporosis;
- Pituitary diseases – acromegaly, hyperprolactinaemia, patients after pituitary surgeries and radiation therapy;
- Ovarian diseases – polycystic ovary syndrome, menstrual disorders, infertility;
- Adrenal diseases – serious and difficult-to-adjust arterial hypertension, excessive hair, disorders of potassium metabolism;
The following technologies and examinations may be recommended with an endocrinologist’s referral and in cooperation with other specialists:
- ultrasonography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance, and other radiation diagnostic radiology examinations;
- pancreas aspiration biopsy under the control of ultrasonography with its cytological analysis;
- determination of bone mineral density using DXA (central osteodensitometry);
- scintigraphy examination;
- neurography and neurometrics;
- blood vessel examination;
- hormonal examination and determination of antibodies, stimulation and suppression tests;
- examination of the fundus of eye and laser photocoagulation;
- consultations and care by the specialists of the diabetic foot care room;
- consultations by other specialists.
In order to register for an out-patient consultation by the specialist:
call on (+371) 67000610